Anyone interested in a brutally honest explanation of what it means to be half Asian with a white dad and an Asian mom, and what your children will experience, let me save you the time and do it for you. Are you an Asian woman who absolutely hates Asian males and is going to have kids with a white guy? I feel sorry as hell for the kids, so I hope you have as many kids as you can, so you can feel the pain I felt.
Are you an Asian guy with a white woman or vice versa? Oh, wait, lest I forget, the white women who seek out Asian men or happen to fall in love with them are anti-racist, have to deal with mountains of shit and passive aggressiveness from society and create children who go onto win Academy Awards and make the world a more beautiful place, while the White men who seek out Asian women and vice versa are oftentimes hyper-white-supremacist and get a free ride.
Let me explain in skin-crawling detail the reality of being half Asian (the bad kind, the kind that are under 190cm and have more stereotypically dainty Asian features, so in other words, the reality as opposed to the fantasy).
- You’re Asian; maybe it shows up in your eyes, or your hair, or your cheekbones, or your body. You grow up knowing your own parents both hated Asian men. You see White men and Asian women walking down the street by the hundreds; and none of the reverse. But you look in the mirror – and see an Asian guy, or your white friends will literally sit in front of you (this happened to me so many times I lost count) and nitpick your Asian features, to humiliate and degrade you, even though I don’t even look that Asian. You get turned down for being Asian? “Just be yourself, son.” You faced discrimination? Your dad shrugs his shoulders. You might have whiter skin and be slightly taller – you’re still Asian in white society’s eyes.
- Family? What family? Because of the lingering racism and self-hatred in your family members, your entire family will be disjointed, your mother (who probably like mine is completely depressed, miserable and married due to deep, deep self-hatred and status) and father (who actually permitted such extreme bias simply because it was an easy way for him to have sex) will constantly be fighting because of cultural clash (my parents were in separate bedrooms their whole lives despite trying to put on an image of a happy White / Asian couple), and you’re essentially on your own, from start to finish. Did your mom emotionally abuse you because she was hateful, and mentally ill, and had this insane complex where she Tiger Mommed my full Asian looking brother, and ignored and beat me because I looked nothing like her? Mine sure did. I was surprised to even see Chinese moms holding their children’s hands when I first came to China! Sometimes I wonder if my mother’s coldness to me was because I looked nothing like her.
- Your friends will all say extremely racist shit to you about other Asians, assuming you don’t care. Examples: “There are so many Asians here in the library.” “He’s a try hard, he’s an overcompensating Asian.” “You blend in here (i.e., Flushing, San Fran, Chinatown, Shanghai).” “Are you taller than everyone in China?” “I can’t stand all these Asian engineers here.”
- In fact, men will say extremely racist things about Asian people while having sex with Asian women. I had a non-white (Middle Eastern) roommate for three years in college who did the same thing; and he humiliated Asians constantly despite having sex with Asian women – because they were the easiest (especially Chinese immigrants, and even funnier, a Hapa girl at UMass Amherst). He was then surprised and disappointed with me, when after three years of doing this to me, when I became super racist, and a white nationalist, in an attempt to compensate for my Asian blood.
- Think you can use your “high status” and “white skin” in Asia? Think again! Once I arrived in Asia, I went from being a handsome man who would be turned down for being Asian in America – to being a man who was ignored as being part of the Xinjiang minority. I have to listen to my coworkers talk about how shorter, uglier English teachers were “so handsome” – reminding me over and over that it wasn’t my Chinese blood I was to be proud of; but how my mother was “one of those” who took me away from the burgeoning economy of China and gave me a “life” that was hell on earth with barely enough food to eat because she needed a white man.
- Especially fun is when you walk down the street (with a girl) and other white male / Asian woman couples will look at you in a way that makes your skin crawl; as if they truly think they own you, and think that their racist relationship is justified in “creating” you. However, when I wear glasses, I just become another Chinese guy – and I’ve seen Asian women look at me with such disgust in their eyes – one of their own sons.
- Asian people do not accept you unless you speak fluently and change your last name to an Asian one. Expect a lifelong experience of being called “white” by Asians, and Asian by whites. The only difference between the two is that Asians don’t say it in a way that is meant to degrade and dehumanize you.
- When white people find out that your mother is Asian they will nod, “of course.”
- People will seek to degrade you by bringing up your Chinese or Asian heritage. “You look Asian when you wear ________.” This is uniformly an insult.
- Nobody cares at all about your Asian side; they will respond with “cool,” but generally they will seek to humiliate and bring you down with it; when you try to explore other cultures, even your own. Examples: “You’re not German, you’re Asian.”
- Sometimes, people will remind you that the only reason you’re “handsome” is because you’re “not full Asian.”
- In Western society – the pathological hatred for Asians is so extreme – that any ounce of blood becomes a point to attack you with. Now, I assume Asian women understand this and try to breed it out, with white men. Or maybe it’s because Asian women truly believe white men are innocent Prince Charmings and don’t care. The only problem with this is that it just reinforces your son’s “laughable” low status in society. Hollywood has been writing Eurasian characters with White dads and Asian moms as bit parts since the 40’s.
- Many white women will despise you after finding out you have Asian blood. Asian American / British women in particular will hate you even more, hence it was always a good idea of me to play down my Asian heritage. So extreme was this that I considered wearing blue contacts and coloring my hair to be “super white.” I turned into a raging racist and lost all of my friends because I wanted to be white, that bad.
- Mentioning you are Asian at all is a fast track to getting sidelined even in online dating. In fact, for years, I just put “white.”
- It’s much better, and more convenient to identify as White in order to avoid blatant discrimination in work and dating making Asian pride ridiculous.
- Expect no support from home; after all, since the marriage itself was built on such flimsy foundation of hatred, white male racism and escapism, that the marriage will have been broken 20 years from now – and your mom just saying “you’re white.”
- Your dad of course, has no idea what we have to go through.
- Dating – what a shit show! 95% of White women do not want a single ounce of Asian blood. Westernized Asian women don’t, either! Westernized Asian women are notorious for openly voicing their hatred of Asian guys! But then again, Asian women from Asia probably don’t want us either! Hapa girls – we all know they inherit their mother’s hatred of Asian men, so dating another Hapa is almost impossible. Then let’s also remember how our Asian moms try to push us towards Asian girls in a weird attempt to control us out of their own insecurity.
- Confusion! Even Amanda Rosenberg, marketing manager of Google Glass, has admitted to being mentally ill!
How do you circumvent these problems? Fairly easily. Make sure you marry the tallest, biggest, strongest white man you can, and make sure your kid has the emotional endurance of T-1 tank so that he can survive the next 20 years!